This is super speedy to make and I like that it’s all cooked in just one pan so washing up is minimal. It’s a great way to get my kiddies to eat green beans; they love them in this cheesy sauce.
Cheesy Chicken With Bacon and Green Beans
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 large garlic clove
- 100g fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 400ml milk
- 100g Strong Cheddar Cheese.
- Finely chop the onion, dice the chicken and snip up the bacon with scissors. Crush the garlic and cut the green beans in half. Throw everything into a pan with the oil and fry gently until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is soft.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the cornflour followed by the milk, bit by bit.
- Pop it back on the heat and stir as it comes up to a simmer and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
(Optional: You could use broccoli or mushrooms instead of green beans if you prefer.)
It’s such an easy and quick dish, ideal for throwing together after a busy day when your children are ravenous and you need something tasty and fast. It’s versatile too and delicious served with rice, pasta or a jacket potato.
2012 © My Little 3 and Me